Philadelphia create dynasty with 3rd National title

The Philadelphia Fight won back to back titles last night vs. the Jacksonville Axemen in Jacksonville in a hard fought battle 30-18.

The game was a bruising encounter played in front of a capacity crowd under severe heat conditions nearing 100 degrees.  Both teams started at a frenetic pace but the Fight were quick to test the Axemen defense out wide scoring twice in the first quarter.

With the Fight leading 12-0, a local storm weather alert caused a 20 minute game delay which gave both teams a chance to assess the first quarter.  The Axemen benefited the most and came out a different team taking the game up the middle of the field.  Several missed scoring chances had everyone thinking it wasn’t their day but repeated sets converted in points going into the half at 12-6.

The last half was a physical battle with the Fight losing players to a number of injuries and concussions.  The score was stretched even further with the Fight scoring a sensational try out wide to lead 18-6.

Jacksonville continued pounding the ball up the middle and were rewarded by back-to-back tries tying the game at 18-18.  Just when the game looked to swing in the direction of the Axemen, a spilled ball on kickoff saw the Fight pounce in the tryline and steal the game much to the dismay of the crowd.  Jacksonville never recovered and managed to score again the dying seconds to secure their 3rd title in 4 years.

Aussie import Rhys Bowdich was crowned USARL Championship MVP after leading the team with a number of players out injured.

Full game report and details with game videos links to follow soon.

Note:  We apologize for the Streaming Issue. The incredible heat at the venue created problems with the onsite production equipment that was used to get the feed to the TV Station. The Production Company ended up having to buy a Portable Air-Conditioner Unit at the last minute, in addition to the AC system that is in the van, and feed it into the back to keep the TV Equipment cool enough so the Live TV Feed stayed up. That meant only essential broadcast equipment was kept operational and the Streaming Equipment was shut down. It was an unforeseen issue due to all equipment being in an outdoor venue, and something that did not show up during testing. With temps in the High 90′s, being outside, and having hot amps and other electronics inside a closed production van, you can imagine the heat that was created. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

We will be getting a copy of the Broadcast that went on TV and upload it to the Internet ASAP.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>